- Any resident of Ohio may apply for a Brown County Public Library card. Present a valid Ohio indentification and proof of your current address at the main desk of any library branch. If you are under age 18, a parent or legal guardian must sign your application at the library. All new borrowers will be limited to three items for 90 days. After 90 days the library account will be reviewed for upgrading to regular status.
- The items you check out on your card are your responsibility. Parents or legal guardians are responsible for items and fines on their child's card.
- Credit card size and key tags are available. Your first library card is free. Replacements: $1.00.
- If you are a teacher (public, private, or homeschool) or represent a local organization, ask about a special library card for your professional needs.
- Your BCPL card also accepted at Union Township Public Library and Adams County Public Library.
- Card holders must return or renew overdue items and pay any fines before checking out more items.
Loan Periods and Fines:
|Items||Loan Periods||Renewal||Daily Fine|
|New Books||28 days||No||No|
|Books, Magazine, Audio Books, Documentary Videos||28 days||Yes||No|
|Best Seller Browsing Collection||14 days||No||No|
|Music CDs||14 days||Yes||No|
- Four renewals unless otherwise indicated.
- Items may be renewed in person, over the telephone, or by visiting the library's web site www.browncountypubliclibrary.org.
- Free service with delivery to any BCPL location.
- Request up to 25 items at a time.
- Order online at www.browncountypubliclibrary.org. Library card and pin number are required. You will be notified by phone, email, or text (your choice) when your items are available for pick up.
- When you borrow items through Interlibrary Loan, the lending library sets the fine for their items.